A factory logistics approach
The Industrial market faces logistics challenges that GEODIS tackles every day: the storage of dangerous products, stocks under pressure, customized packaging and crating for industrial equipment, the transport of heavy loads, compliance to environmental, technical, handling norms and regulations, and more. Our dedicated GEODIS hubs are an ideal consolidation tool that offer value-added services for your supplier flows.
Let GEODIS take over organization and planning activities across your value chain. We can approve delivery sequences with quantities defined by the supplier, or arrange milk-runs in a geographical area near one of your factories.
We can conduct feasibility studies to better prepare all factory operations and project management, and you will benefit from our global network of multi-customer hubs and inventory transfer solutions. We also offer services with high added value, including quality control, pre-assembly, kitting, flow management of consignee inventory, VMI (Vendor Manged Inventory), sequencing, customized packaging, shuttle service and bonded warehousing. Furthermore, we take charge of crisis prevention and management.
Once your order has been placed, we will package, containerize, and ship it anywhere in the world, as well as manage all associated customs operations.
The advantages of factory logistics
GEODIS' approach to factory logistics offers our Industrial customers a variety of advantages, including:
- Streamlined supplier management with just-in-time delivery
- Optimized availability of parts and components
- Late differentiation
- Increased reliability of inventory levels
- Improved customer service
- Durable, integrated, and consolidated logistics
- Refocused attention on your core business
- Reduced investment costs due to automation
- Optimized costs due to operational excellence, a LEAN approach, and reengineering solutions
- Regulatory compliance
Providing expertise across 9 Industrial segments
GEODIS offers logistical services for 9 Industrial segments:
- Paper and packaging
- Industry equipment and machinery
- Power and utilities
- Railway industry
- Metals, raw materials, and mining
- Oil and gas
- Construction and materials