Lift-off into a new era of aerospace & defense logistics
For 20+ years, GEODIS has worked with aerospace and defense customers.
We understand the exceptional nature of critical & day-to-day services and products in your sector. And our transportation & logistics solutions are tailored to fit.
Worry no more about downtime or delay in parts. You can rely on our exceptional logistics planning, on-time execution, full compliance, and seamless coordination.
We are also firmly committed to product security during global shipment, storage, maintenance, and repair.
Committed to logistics agility and efficiency
Growing aerospace & defense production rates demand accelerated flows, space optimization, and end-to-end visibility to meet shipping commitments. This is why greater agility & higher capacities for innovation are important. This is where GEODIS logistics resources and expertise can help. Learn the benefits of partnering with us by speaking to Olivier Cunz.
Frequently asked questions
Aerospace logistics involves all the steps required to move and store goods (including finished goods, spare parts, and components) within the aerospace and defense supply chain. When done right, it ensures on-time delivery and the meeting of aerospace contract terms.
- Lack of control and visibility across the global supply chain.
- Geo-political & geo-environmental issues that affect the flow of goods.
- Heavy dependency on a few suppliers or carriers to deliver parts of goods, which reduces aerospace supply chain resilience.
- Handling & storage of large goods.
- Lack of workers skilled in managing these technical goods.
- Inability to intelligently forecast & meet market demand.
The aeronautical industry is predicted to grow at a CAGR value of 25.5% from 2022 to 2027. To cash in on this growth momentum, it would benefit to partner with a technology-enabled aerospace logistics provider that has a global reach, expertise in your sector, ability to forecast the future trends, and offer the right operational outlook.
- Build & execute a comprehensive & agile aerospace logistics plan.
- Coordinate with a network of suppliers, carriers, and third-party providers of aerospace logistics services.
- Maintaining control over inventory levels and transport flows.
- Create contingency plans to manage the logistics flow in case of disruptions a.
- Regularly analyze logistics performance to adjust the aerospace logistics execution.
In aerospace logistics, there are 3 tiers of suppliers that support aerospace OEMs and the military: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. Tier 3 manufactures the basic components that are sent to tier 2 companies that assemble these components into subsystems. From here the subsystems are sent to tier 1 suppliers who build major components or systems that are shipped to the OEMS.