Deliver healthcare logistics for your suppliers, providers, and patients
Meet all of your healthcare transport, storage, and distribution needs with GEODIS logistics. We provide a complete range of safe, secure, and certified medical supply chain services that put you in control.
Our healthcare logistics services include:
- Local, regional, national, and international networks to deliver sensitive healthcare and pharmaceutical products from door-to-door
- In-depth visibility and monitoring that tracks product locations, environments, and quality across the healthcare supply chain
- Safe, secure, and compliant warehousing and transport for medical products with unique handling and temperature-controlled storage needs
- Best-in-class distribution and last-mile delivery for time-sensitive goods
Complete compliance with healthcare and medical standards
We are certified to rigorous standards for healthcare logistics including:
- ISO 9001:2015 - Quality management systems
- ISO 13485:2016 - Medical devices - Quality management systems
- ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental management systems
- ISO 45001:2018 - Occupational health and safety management systems
- Good Manufacturing Practices / Good Distribution Practices (GMP / GDP) for pharmaceuticals
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) Drug Distributor Accreditation
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) drug or device repackaging and relabeling registration
- State medical device / pharmaceutical licenses - we are certified in every state that requires licensing
"In healthcare logistics, there is no room for error. Patients are in need of medicines. So, it must be made available everywhere and on-time, and delivered cost-effectively."
Frequently asked questions
Healthcare logistics is the transport, storage, distribution, and management of clinical and medical goods throughout the supply chain. Healthcare logistics services specialize in getting these products to providers and patients in a fast, secure, and compliant way.
Healthcare products include medicines, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clinical supplies, diagnostic samples, personal protective equipment, and more. These products are often sensitive and must remain viable, so medical logistics providers specialize in managing urgent, hazardous, fragile, or temperature/humidity-sensitive goods.
More than ever, the healthcare supply chain must adapt to changing trends. Reliability and resilience are central to your time-sensitive medical products. Some of the main healthcare logistics challenges are:
- Fast, optimized deliveries to improve healthcare outcomes for patients
- Increasingly complex medical supply chain issues that need greater flexibility
- Changing compliance and quality regulations across regions and countries to ensure product integrity
- Getting access to real-time information throughout your product’s journey
- Even greater focus on patients resulting in more personalized and virtual medicine to be managed only with the support of an integrated logistics solution provider
Typically, a temperature and humidity-controlled vehicle is used to transport medicines and pharmaceutical products to climate-controlled warehouses. These goods are constantly tracked and checked to ensure they meet quality and compliance regulations.
Digitization is critical to strong healthcare logistics management. State-of-the-art engineering, analytical, and IT tools can be used to optimize logistics across the medical supply chain. Technology can automate tracking and medical inventory, quickly react to supply chain disruptions, and improve transportation and warehousing efficiency.